-   -   Error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/2663-error-starting-gnome-settings-daemon.html)

"holotone@gmail.com" 11-22-2007 12:26 AM

Error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon

I'm experiencing the same problem as these folks here:

Every boot or every other boot, at login I am presented with an error message stating that there was an "
Error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon". It's clear visually that alot of my settings did not load (wonky font sizes, etc.). It generally takes a couple times of log-in / log-out to get my session and desktop to load properly without error. Based on what others are saying, it'd appear that it's has something to do with enabling the real-time kernel.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue or know of a fix? As you can imagine, this is becoming quite irritating.

Thanks!
--
~cole
http://holotone.net/

"Jonathan Leonard" 11-22-2007 12:34 AM

On Nov 21, 2007 5:26 PM, holotone@gmail.com <holotone@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing the same problem as these folks here:

> Every boot or every other boot, at login I am presented with an error
> message stating that there was an " Error starting the GNOME Settings
> Daemon". It's clear visually that alot of my settings did not load (wonky
> font sizes, etc.). It generally takes a couple times of log-in / log-out to
> get my session and desktop to load properly without error. Based on what
> others are saying, it'd appear that it's has something to do with enabling
> the real-time kernel.
>
> Anyone else experiencing the same issue or know of a fix? As you can
> imagine, this is becoming quite irritating.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for bringing his up, its very annoying to me too! For me, it
seems the first cold boot never works, but a restart usually does the
trick. Same error mesage...

-jonathan

"" 11-22-2007 02:49 AM

Error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon

me too !!

Having many issues with 7.10 that I didn't have with 7.04 (but I can't complain,
as I didn't beta test it)

Susan Cragin 11-22-2007 12:27 PM

Error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon

Ditto for me. I think it must be universal.
Susan