Old 01-01-2008, 07:33 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

Default Help learning the basics

I've been wondering lately where I can learn more about digital audio. Simple things that I should know, like how to use an equalizer, what plugins to use for recording, how to master the audio, etc.

I've used linux for years, so I have no problem setting it up and using it. But I hardly know how the mastered audio *should* sound, let alone how to make it sound that way.

I'm using Ardour and Jamin, mostly.

Anyone know of any good online tutorials, courses, etc?
Thanks!

--
Christopher Stamper

christopherstamper@gmail.com
http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

Old 01-01-2008, 09:02 PM
thomas fisher

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 13:33:08 Christopher Stamper wrote:
> I've been wondering lately where I can learn more about digital audio.
> Simple things that I should know, like how to use an equalizer, what
> plugins to use for recording, how to master the audio, etc.
>
> I've used linux for years, so I have no problem setting it up and using it.
> But I hardly know how the mastered audio *should* sound, let alone how to
> make it sound that way.
>
> I'm using Ardour and Jamin, mostly.
>
> Anyone know of any good online tutorials, courses, etc?

http://hammersound.net/
http://www.digido.com/bob-katz/index.php A pro Bob Katz
http://www.dplay.com/ A pro Jay Rose
http://www.tweakheadz.com/microphone_preamps.htm

http://lad.linuxaudio.org/index.html Linux Audio Users list { LAU }

Hope this helps
Tom

Old 01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

Thanks Tom!!!!

Looks like some very good info, I'm sure it will help!! If only hammersound wasn't offline... :-(