Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
"holotone@gmail.com"

Default Hassle Free USB Audio Interface

All I'd really like to be able to do is play with Ardour for recording and ZynAddSubFX for synthesizing without getting XRUNs - The el-cheapo behringer USB interface that came with my mixer clearly isn't cutting the cheese. Hassle free is a BIG plus for me - I don't want to mess with hacks and configs, I just want it to work. For the purposes of the discussion, let's pretend cost isn't a consideration, though cheaper is ALWAYS better. USB sadly is a must, as it is the only i / o my Asus Eee has.

Which USB audio interface / sound card would you all suggest?
--
~holotone
http://holotone.net/

Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 PM
jeremaja niko

hi holotone

i was interested in this subject for a long time and one of the
"novation Xio synths" can be a solution for u, looks like it needs no
configuration, it is just usb standard and u get a nice synth with it
minus is 2in 2out but it has a phantom power for condeser mics

hope it helps
n.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Warrior Bob

Hey there holotone.

I just installed Ubuntu Studio yesterday and would like to use it
with an el-cheapo Behringer UCA202, which is (I think) the same one
bundled with their mixers, and therefore the same one you have. What
sort of hassles have you run into? I was able to get mine loaded up
but haven't really done any proper testing, just played audio through
it.

Installation was as easy as plugging it in and setting it as the
playback device in the little sound manager app.

Of course, I'm quite new to linux so perhaps I've overlooked something?

Thanks in advance, and good luck with your search!

- Warrior Bob