Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
"Jussi Schultink"

Default What is Ubuntu Studio

Hi Tom,

Ubuntu studio is a collection of packages from the Ubuntu
repositories, plus a few small configuration changes and a theme. I
removes much of the installing needed and does not install a lot of
the non studio cruft. However, you can get a similar effect with your
vanilla gutsy install by following the instructions here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/Installation

Hope this helps

Jussi

Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Susan Cragin

watch out for the hardy heron studio beta 2 released yesterday. mine can't find the kernel yet.
wait a few days.