Old 12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
"Juan Hernandez"

Default is Miro that good??

People, I'm running a nice ubuntu studio system with a core2duo and
2gb of memory with a prettygood internet connection. I've heard all
this buzz about Miro (former democracy player) and somehow it sucks
for me. It's SO SLOW and crashes every 5 minutes... Is there any
problem with the ubuntu package? is there anything I'm not aware of??
I've tweaked the program in so many ways (the slowness and the
crashing persist) that I don't see any other thing to do...

Has anybody gone through this? are there any

Thanx a lot
jhv

Old 12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Juan Hernandez kirjoitti:
> Has anybody gone through this?

I use this version of Miro...

deb
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/miro/linux/repositories/ubuntu gutsy/

...with this version of Java:

asmok@ubuntu:~$ java -version
java version "1.7.0"
IcedTea Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b21)
IcedTea Server VM (build 1.7.0-b21, mixed mode)
asmok@ubuntu:~$

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
"holotone@gmail.com"

Works swimmingly for me on my main home server running stock Ubuntu 64bit - In fact, it's one of my favorite apps these days; No experience with it on the UbuntuStudio boxen, though.

~holotone

--
~holotone
http://holotone.net/

Old 12-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Florin Andrei

Juan Hernandez wrote:
> People, I'm running a nice ubuntu studio system with a core2duo and
> 2gb of memory with a prettygood internet connection. I've heard all
> this buzz about Miro (former democracy player) and somehow it sucks
> for me. It's SO SLOW and crashes every 5 minutes... Is there any
> problem with the ubuntu package? is there anything I'm not aware of??
> I've tweaked the program in so many ways (the slowness and the
> crashing persist) that I don't see any other thing to do...

The application is quite finicky, if not buggy. I didn't have quite that
kind of issues with it like you did, but it does sometimes crash in
mysterious ways. Feels unpolished.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/