Old 12-30-2007, 09:19 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default (Also Freedom :)) Round 1

On 12/30/07, Laith Juwaidah <ljuwaida@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I'm not being mean or anything, but I don't think having war stuff in the
> wallpaper is a good idea, I don't wanna see war whenever I open my computer.
> Honestly, I'll change the theme if that is actually the default for F9.
>
> Sorry for being rude, but I really hate war! I'm from Iraq if that helps
>
> Cheers!

Hi, affcourse you aren't being mean, this is a strong image so it
brings strong feedback from you, and that is ok.

I'm from Croatia (we had a war for independence 15 years ago, so I
know war in person not from TV).

I would like to see some strong and bold from Fedora 9 theme, for me
fedora 8 theme is the "weakest" and "blandest" to date and it is the
ONLY theme I changed, and I used fedora since FC5.

Valent

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 12-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Máirín Duffy

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I could't give this another name, because it just screams "freedom"
> and freedom already exists but it is a different theme (or it is not)
> and involves chains.
>
> Please look at this picture:
> http://www.faith47.com/images/Slice_03_03.gif
>
> It is from artists that work on www.dynebolic.org linux distro.
>
> I'm not an artist but a photographer and art critic and I have an eye
> for combining things. I can see fedora logo in the hands of that
> person and it would make a great wallpaper.
>
> The idea is this:
> In the background (bw looks great but also pale fedora colors would
> work) there are all the symbols and tools for taking away freedom and
> in the center you see fedora logo that represents freedom in color as
> it overcomes all that in background.

This sounds too busy for a default wallpaper. Maybe for an add-on one
though.

~m

Old 01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On 1/1/08, Máirín Duffy <duffy@redhat.com> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I could't give this another name, because it just screams "freedom"
> > and freedom already exists but it is a different theme (or it is not)
> > and involves chains.
> >
> > Please look at this picture:
> > http://www.faith47.com/images/Slice_03_03.gif
> >
> > It is from artists that work on www.dynebolic.org linux distro.
> >
> > I'm not an artist but a photographer and art critic and I have an eye
> > for combining things. I can see fedora logo in the hands of that
> > person and it would make a great wallpaper.
> >
> > The idea is this:
> > In the background (bw looks great but also pale fedora colors would
> > work) there are all the symbols and tools for taking away freedom and
> > in the center you see fedora logo that represents freedom in color as
> > it overcomes all that in background.
>
> This sounds too busy for a default wallpaper. Maybe for an add-on one
> though.

Well it is a bit busy But it was only as an idea, if some who is
more artistically inclined than me can use this link I posted as an
idea for a less busy one.

Valent.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Máirín Duffy

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On 1/1/08, Máirín Duffy <duffy@redhat.com> wrote:
>> This sounds too busy for a default wallpaper. Maybe for an add-on one
>> though.
>
> Well it is a bit busy But it was only as an idea, if some who is
> more artistically inclined than me can use this link I posted as an
> idea for a less busy one.

I was recently sorting through some papers in my desk at home and came
across my notes from the SIGGRAPH 2005 conference in Boston. One quote I
captured in those notes that struck me most strongly (I had circled and
underlined it a few times) was to the effect of:

"Ideas are a dime a dozen, but for someone to take the initiative to
make them happen is priceless."

Interpret as you will And no, you don't need artistic talent yourself
to make artwork happen.

~m