Old 12-30-2007, 12:45 PM
"gabriel moreira"

Default Recording with ZynAddSubFX

Hello!
I would make some questions about using/recording with ZynAddSubFX.

I like a lot that library of sounds, but i dont know how to use them to record nothing

Why it doesnot open like Qsinth, as a synthetizer on Rosegarden? With timbers to use as midi channels?

After this being answered anothers will come

Thanks

Gabriel

Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Bharani Prasanth Sure

You can do that with manage midi devices... see tutorial for basic concept review..
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

Best Regards,Bharani Prasanth Sure.

________________________________

Old 12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Sunday 30 December 2007, gabriel moreira wrote:
> Why it doesnot open like Qsinth, as a synthetizer on Rosegarden? With
> timbers to use as midi channels?

It does open like QSynth in that Rosegarden detects it and creates a
connection for it automatically. You may have to go into Manage MIDI Devices
and find the one that says something about "ZynAddSubFX" and then change its
name to something easier to recognize than "MIDI Synth 5" or whatever.

(A developer note to myself, why do we do this anyway? I'll go raise this
issue on the devel list.)

Misc -> Switch Interface Mode to change to the simplified version.

Now toward the top middle, slightly left of center, you should see controls
for Part with some up/down arrows, and an [ ] Enabled checkbox. Check [x]
Enabled on any parts you want active, then click on the "Click here to load
an instrument" box. (I can't actually read that box because Zyn isn't
handling my larger-than-normal minimum font sizes very well, so I'm kind of
guessing at what it actually says.) Load something out of the default bank
of patches, and away you go.

Then just point Rosegarden at the channels you used. I have an all-Zyn
composition sitting right here as a matter of fact. It maps out like:

Channel Factory Patch

1 Trash Synth 1
2 Arpeggio 8
3 SuperSaw 4
4 SuperSaw 2
5..9 [not enabled]
10 DrumsKit 1
12..16 [not enabled]

Now, I'm not sure how to do this using the more complex interface. If you
want to do that, you have a puzzle to solve for yourself. For my purposes,
the supplied factory patches are plenty sufficient, and I haven't fooled
around with the synth controls in probably years.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-30-2007, 03:45 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Sunday 30 December 2007, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

Web forums have gotten me spoiled for being able to edit something I have
already sent. This will have to do.

> Then just point Rosegarden at the channels you used.

I should have said "Then just point Rosegarden (for example) at the channels
you used." Or something more politically correct, acknowledging the
existence of projects like MuSE and seq24.

Oh well.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Sunday 30 December 2007, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> > the supplied factory patches are plenty sufficient, and I haven't fooled
> > around with the synth controls in probably years.
>
> Oh poor you - you missed dozens of nights fiddeling around with Zyns ca.
> 600 controls/timbre. I only use its presets for benchmarks

I have enough irons in the fire without learning more about how to do
something with an analog synthesizer.

I could never figure out much with the real ones either.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Bharani Prasanth Sure

Hello,
Can somebody provide me with some of the additional zynaddsubfx patches which they have created on their own..I just started playing with those 600 controls..But I need an inspiration. Yes I understand that its lots of trial and error process to find yourself in the wonderland...But please..

Bharani.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Hartmut Noack

Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 PM
thomas fisher

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 05:51:10 Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Bharani Prasanth Sure schrieb:
> > Hello,
> > Can somebody provide me with some of the additional
> > zynaddsubfx patches Bharani.
> Try these:
> http://gnupc.de/~zettberlin/law/patches/
>
> Most of them are Instruments, some Parameters in Zyns terminology...

Check this zynaddsubfx list:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47

Hope this helps
Tom