Old 12-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Greg K.

Default Launch all needed apps in a row with saved settings?

Hi all,

*

Ubuntu Studio became my main OS since 7.04 was released and even if I don't have enough time to really make music, I try when I have spare time.
I usually launch these softs: QJackCtl, Patchage, JackRack, JackEQ, Hydrogen and Ardour. And I have a M-Audio Jam Lab to record my bass and guitar. I don't have any knowledge in how to make music on a computer but I try...

*

My question is: I would like to find a way to launch in a row all the softwares I use and keep the settings I used for each piece I worked on.

The best way would be to have a patchage-like application that could allow me to save a profile for each piece. For instance, I would work on a piece with Jack (of course), Patchage, Jack Rack (with some LADSPA loaded), JackEQ*and Ardour.

When I stop, I could save in a file all the settings used for that piece.
Later, I could just launch that file, and it would launch all the softs used with all the settings (Effects in Jack Rack, levels in JackEQ, Ardour, connections in Patchage, ...).

Of course, I don't have any skill in dev, and at the moment I just made a .sh that launch QJackCtl, wait for 5 sec (so the server can start) then the other softs.

But of course the settings are not saved.

*

Do you think something like that could be done?

*

Cheers,

*

Greg

Windows Live Messenger 2008 vient de sortir, discutez avec vos amis en vidéo ! Téléchargez gratuitement Messenger 2008

Old 12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Robin

[...]

lashd and glashctl may help
--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1

Old 12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
"holotone@gmail.com"

I've been looking for a similar solution, and these look great - Anyone have real world experience with them? Are they easy to use and / or stable?

On 12/27/07,