Old 12-26-2007, 02:31 PM
"Brian Blater"

Default Choppy Audio in Avidemux

I'm trying to work with a couple of video files and extract a section
of the video and audio. One of the files is a VOB and the other is an
AVI. Both files play just fine in mplayer and VLC, but when I play
them in avidemux the audio is terribly choppy and out of sync. Google
gave me a couple of things. One was to change the audio settings to
alsa and type to default, but that didn't fix it. The other says it is
a know issue with avidemux.

This is my first attempt at avidemux and from what I can tell it is
the tool of choice in many cases. However, I can not get rid of the
choppy audio. I'm running UbuntuStudio 7.10 on an AMD 1800 processor
with 768MB ram. Any suggestions to fix this issue would be greatly
appreciated. If you need further info just let me know and I will
gladly provide it.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 12-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Fabien Juchniewicz

AVIDemux is not built to play video files (like VLC or mplayer with are movie
players), but to reencode, to cut them...

Regards,

/F

Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 PM
"Brian Blater"

On Dec 26, 2007 10:52 AM, Fabien Juchniewicz <fabien@juchniewicz.eu> wrote:
> AVIDemux is not built to play video files (like VLC or mplayer with are movie
> players), but to reencode, to cut them...
>
> Regards,
>
> /F

Correct, avidemux is a video editor which is what I'm trying to
accomplish. However, the audio is choppy when played in avidemux and
therefore the resulting cut video is choppy also.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Brian