-   -   Speech Recognition (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/21946-speech-recognition.html)

"Edward Dunagin" 12-23-2007 04:33 PM

Speech Recognition

Is anyone using SR?

Thanks and Peace..................ed

--
Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan
4646 Glenwood Drive
Bozeman, MT 59718
mobile 406-570-0992
Landline 406-556-7282
http://doas.montanalinux.org

"D. Michael McIntyre" 12-23-2007 07:04 PM

Speech Recognition

On Sunday 23 December 2007, Edward Dunagin wrote:

> Is anyone using SR?

I haven't tried anything in some time, but my old boss sent me on a quest to
get speech recognition working under Linux, so he could dictate documents
rather than type them.

I spent vast amounts of my own personal time on this project. I'm afraid I
don't remember enough of the details to even try to get you started following
my footsteps, but I can tell you it proved to be an abysmal failure.

In the end, I was very glad to put Windows back on his computer to get him to
leave this alone.

Things may have changed since then, but I'd be surprised if they have.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

"Edward Dunagin" 12-23-2007 10:29 PM

Speech Recognition

Hello Michael,

*****************snip*******************

> I haven't tried anything in some time, but my old boss sent me on a quest to
> get speech recognition working under Linux, so he could dictate documents
> rather than type them.
>
> I spent vast amounts of my own personal time on this project. I'm afraid I
> don't remember enough of the details to even try to get you started following
> my footsteps, but I can tell you it proved to be an abysmal failure.
>
> In the end, I was very glad to put Windows back on his computer to get him to
> leave this alone.
>
> Things may have changed since then, but I'd be surprised if they have.
> --

Your previous messages gave me a chuckle. But oh my,

I had IBM's VoaVoice for Linuc and Xvoice for Linux as well working on
a Debian system five or so years ago, but I had a system crash and
lost it. Just trying to get the same working now on my UbuntuStudio
system.

So on to work. Thans for the reply.........

Peace.............ed

"D. Michael McIntyre" 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Speech Recognition

On Sunday 23 December 2007, Edward Dunagin wrote:
> I had IBM's VoaVoice for Linuc and Xvoice for Linux as well working on
> a Debian system five or so years ago, but I had a system crash and
> lost it. Just trying to get the same working now on my UbuntuStudio
> system.

Yeah, those are the names of the things I wrestled with to no avail. The
problem now is that all of that is obsolete, and/or unobtainable.