Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Speech recognition

Jerry James wrote:

Is anybody interested in working with me on getting some voice
recognition product packaged up in usable form on Fedora?

I'm happy to help - we have someone here in a similar position. But I
have no leads on good software.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

I'm looking for speech recognition software that has the following
properties:

* work without a gui, no user interaction, scriptable
* accept a WAV as input (other formats are fine, I can do conversions)
* send the text to stdout or file.

My use case:
1) the answering machine of my SIP provider sends WAV files to my email
address
2) A combination of procmail and munpack save the WAV files on the
filesystem
2a) Convert the WAv files to any other convenient audio format.
3) A script runs software SpeechFoo, that creates a text file. This is
the transcript of the audio file.
4) The transcript, together with the metadata of the original call
(time, phone number, length,...) is sent as a new email.

So far I have been able to do 1, 2, 2a and 4. I have searched for 3, but
all I can find for Linux are GUI apps. And this is supposed to run on a
headless server (without X).

--
Amedee

Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Hi

is there a recommended free as in beer speech recognition for the German
and English language?

The information about Linux speech recognition I found until now is
outdated, resp. meager.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_recognition_in_Linux#
http://www.linux-community.de/Internal/Nachrichten/Simon-freie-Spracherkennung-fuer-Linux

Regards,