Old 12-23-2007, 06:54 AM
"Paul DeShaw"

Default Ozone Academic USB Interface/MIDI keyboard

Hello,

After following the instructions in post #49 in this thread on Ubuntu forums:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=148467&page=5

I have lost all sound in Rosegarden, but I can both play back and record in Ardour.* As before, the Ozone keyboard does not show up as a MIDI client.* I am running Ubuntu Studio Gutsy on an AMD 64 machine with 1GB RAM.* It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I set the Ozone Academic as the default with asoundconf or not--I have installed asoundconf-gtk to make that easier. The device shows up in JACK (after having mysteriously disappeared for a couple of sessions) and I can play sound through it with non-JACK applications as well as Ardour.

What should I do to get sound and MIDI working with this device in Rosegarden?* Is there any other information I could post for you to help diagnose the problem? Do you want to see the output of any command-line tools?

The Academic is a fairly recent version of M-Audio's Ozone audio interface/keyboard that is part of the Pro-Tools Academic bundle.* It supposedly does not need a firmware load to run under Linux, unlike previous versions.* However, I loaded the firmware anyway, having read instructions for the older versions. The firmware page is located here:

http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/

I'm happy to wait until after the holiday for an answer, OTOH it would be gift I could receive joyfully, if you want to play Santa.

Peace,

Paul in Seattle