Old 12-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Javier Garcia

Default UC-33 evolution

Hi list,

i have an uc-33 evolution midi controller.

How can i see if it works on ubuntustudio?

garff

Tecnología, moda, motor, viajes,.suscríbete a nuestros boletines para estar siempre a la última MSN Newsletters

Old 12-22-2007, 09:57 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Saturday 22 December 2007, Javier Garcia wrote:
> i have an uc-33 evolution midi controller.
>
> How can i see if it works on ubuntustudio?

Looks to me like it ought to work:

http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=2165

Apart from the driver side of things, I'm not sure what you could actually do
with it. I have no experience with these gadgets. Here's what the
Rosegarden Handbook says about using a MIDI control surface with Rosegarden:

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/doc/en/studio-external-controllers.html

I don't know if other apps support these, and it looks like it varies on a
case by case basis, but it does look to me like I have found enough
encouraging results out there to say there is a very high chance that your
controller does work with Ubuntu Studio. (Can't go to 100% because of my
lack of direct experience.)

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-23-2007, 03:50 AM