Old 12-21-2007, 03:51 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

Default New Rosegarden point release

On Friday 21 December 2007, Cory K. wrote:

> Everyone please be mindful of your subject lines and title them
> appropriately.

Since this came up totally out of context for the thread it hijacked, I
thought I'd start this new one to clarify any confusion.

We just released 1.6.0 quite recently (days ago) and then someone came along
and pointed out a really serious bug that we missed because everyone always
ignores our release candidates, and we never get any real testing until a
release is out in the wild.

So now we've turned around and followed up with 1.6.1 a few days later. I
expect Debian will pick it up fairly quickly, but I have no idea what this
means for current Ubuntu Studio Gutsy users. I'd like to discourage anyone
from doing anything with 1.6.0 though. It can have potentially nasty though
not irreversible consequences for anyone who likes to play with tempo.
--
D. Michael McIntyre