Old 10-13-2008, 11:20 AM
"suemac@empire.net"

Default Studio install woes...

Ok, so I get my new Dell laptop with Ubuntu.

Says I: "I'm going to do audio recording so I need the rt kernel...".

So along with the recommended studio apps like Ardour, jack, etc. I install
it all.

Reboot the machine to the rt kernel...and it's lost it's brains!

The video now only knows 800x600, the network is is gone.

So I boot back to generic and all is well, high res video, network, etc.

So I figure I can experiment with my Tascam US122 in generic until figure
out the rt kernel issues.

Well I do all the "how to'" I've found and still no green light on the
Tascam.

ldusb says it's there but...

Anybody got any ideas where to start on either issue?

Thanks,
Mac