Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
"Sean Corbett"

Default Hardy Artwork

Hey all,

Here's an idea for a hardy wallpaper.* It's a nod back to one of my favorite DeMuDi wallpapers.* It ended up being *very* blue, but I could make other versions with more natural colors if that would work better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanbutnotheard/2103675406/

I'll keep playing with the "gear closeup" look, I think there's some good potential there!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
"Cory K."

Sean Corbett wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Here's an idea for a hardy wallpaper. It's a nod back to one of my
> favorite DeMuDi wallpapers. It ended up being *very* blue, but I
> could make other versions with more natural colors if that would work
> better.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanbutnotheard/2103675406/
>
> I'll keep playing with the "gear closeup" look, I think there's some
> good potential there!

Nice. I will say a couple of things.

No branding.
The final must be 2560x1600. (16:10 aspect)
I like the blue over the image. (but feel free to tinker)

-Cory m/

Old 12-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Bellegarde Laurent

Selon "Cory K." <coryisatm@nc.rr.com>:

> Sean Corbett wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Here's an idea for a hardy wallpaper. It's a nod back to one of my
> > favorite DeMuDi wallpapers. It ended up being *very* blue, but I
> > could make other versions with more natural colors if that would work
> > better.
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanbutnotheard/2103675406/
> >
> > I'll keep playing with the "gear closeup" look, I think there's some
> > good potential there!
>
> Nice. I will say a couple of things.
>
> No branding.
> The final must be 2560x1600. (16:10 aspect)
> I like the blue over the image. (but feel free to tinker)
>

> -Cory m/

Nice,

idea 1 is my favorite.

Laurent, from France.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
"Det"

>> Sean Corbett wrote:
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanbutnotheard/2103675406/

I like No 2. Think the tape reels in front and the presentation
of knobs, jacks and VU meters represent the basic image
of ubuntustudio as being ...well... a studio.

KR
Det

Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
"Sean Corbett"

Message: 8
> Here's an idea for a hardy wallpaper. *It's a nod back to one of my

> favorite DeMuDi wallpapers. *It ended up being *very* blue, but I
> could make other versions with more natural colors if that would work
> better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanbutnotheard/2103675406/

> I'll keep playing with the "gear closeup" look, I think there's some
> good potential there!

Nice. I will say a couple of things.

No branding.
The final must be 2560x1600. (16:10 aspect)
I like the blue over the image. (but feel free to tinker)

-Cory m/

Whoa, not sure why my message went through twice.* Sorry about that.

I understand why you don't want branding, considering it's a wallpaper... though it is a bit of a shame because that turntable picture looks pretty good with the name in there, and in some sense less complete without it (the blueness seems more overwhelming when the logo isn't there for some reason).* When I have a chance today I'll make a 2560x1600 unbranded version.* If you want to use the branded version for anything else (website, DVD case, etc), let me know and I can whip up appropriately-proportioned copies of it.* And anyone can feel free to use it for their own purposes, I've CC'd it.

I'll keep tinkering, I have some other ideas I want to try, although I don't have my own camera, so it'll have to wait until my girlfriend is up next with hers. :/

-Sean