Old 10-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Sergio Bello

Default Linux Day - UbuntuStudio showcase

Hi all.

October 25th here in Cremona (Italy) there will be a Linux Day at the local engineering university and,

as a member of the local Linux User Group, I will showcase UbuntuStudio as a DAW.

I'm planning my speech (in an early stage, at the moment), and I'm calling for

ideas/(sonic)material/suggestions/etc.

To give you an idea of what I have in mind, my target is to illustrate audio routing via

Jack and then - as a demonstration - record 'on the fly'* an 8/16-bar song with Ardour using:

Hydrogen with a pre-built drum track
Rosegarden + (hw|sw) synth with a pre-built bass line
Rosegarden + guitar synth to capture and then play via MIDI the harmonic progression
my lovin' Gibson H. Roberts Fusion + JackRack for soloing

My gear:

M-Audio 1010
Behringer patch panel
Various rack/pedal effects (but I think they're unnecessary in this context)
Roland DS-5 studio monitors
Electric/synth guitars
Roland JV 1010 + GR 50 synth rack modules
A fast, full of memory PC with UbuntuStudio 8.04
Everything else if available at the local music store and in line with my pocket

As I said before, any suggestion to better introduce UbuntuStudio to the audience is welcome.

Much more useful would be pointers to, for example, good Hydrogen tracks/MIDI tracks/JackRack suites/SoundFonts

available on the net, so to cut my effort: I'm really busy with my work as a developer, so I'm not

currently 100% on this task (and I need to stretch my fingers on the guitar, too...).

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

--
Sergio Bello - Software Architect

Sintechno S.r.l. [www.sintechno.it]

Via Dante, 188
26100 - Cremona

Phone 0372 22942
Fax 0372 565287
Mobile 329 9499343
EMail s.bello@sintechno.it
those who understand binary, and those who don't...