Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Default intrepid artwork

Hi guys,

What's the state of the intrepid artwork? Any screenshots of what it
currently looks like?

cheers,

Old 10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
"Percy Foreman"

I'm sorry, I don't see how this is an asinine question. I looked at
the wiki and at the main page and couldn't find anything, and my guess
is Intrepid Studio will be released by the end of the month. If it is
not, I'm sorry, but I don't see how any of this is common knowledge.
So may be it is normal for the final artwork to be revealed last
minute, I'd just like to know.

A faithful user,
bye

revapran@vfemail.net:

Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

Wasn't something posted here recently?

(Not a bad question inho)
*PM, Percy Foreman <revapran@vfemail.net> wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't see how this is an asinine question. I looked at

the wiki and at the main page and couldn't find anything, and my guess

is Intrepid Studio will be released by the end of the month. If it is

not, I'm sorry, but I don't see how any of this is common knowledge.

So may be it is normal for the final artwork to be revealed last

minute, I'd just like to know.

A faithful user,

bye

revapran@vfemail.net:

> Hi guys,

> What's the state of the intrepid artwork? Any screenshots of what it

> currently looks like?

> cheers,

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
Skype: cdstamper

Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 PM
"Karoliina Salminen"

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM, <revapran@vfemail.net> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What's the state of the intrepid artwork? Any screenshots of what it
> currently looks like?

I don't know as an outsider for sure.

But thing is: I would really love this:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/DustTheme?action=show&redirect=Artwork%2FIncoming% 2FIntrepid%2FDustTheme

(I already installed it into my work computer)

And I really really really don't like the appearance of the wallpaper
on these screenshots on this blog (the traditional orange ubuntu theme
is not the best possible out there, and no wow (as a boring theme not
very good for marketing), but it is acceptable compromise, clear and
does not hurt the eyes):
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njc1NA

I hope that the theme on Intrepid would be something fresh, and if it
is not fresh, but the old orange theme, at least the default wallpaper
should be good and not like on these screenshots. I have seen quite
many very good wallpaper submissions on the artwork wiki. I hope a
good one gets selected. For example the ones presented with the Dust
theme are quite nice and don't push me to search gnomelook.org for
better wallpapers right away. There are a number of other very good
submissions as well. You can see those from here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/

I have not found any place which would say for sure which
theme/wallpaper is going to be used.

Best Regards,
Karoliina

Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 PM
"Cory K."

Some of the info posted here is about Ubuntu artwork and should go on
that list.

As for Studio there will only be minor changes this release. Just a
different default wallpaper (shipped in Hardy but not default) and some
theme tweaks.

Jaunty should see a big revision if the right things fall into place.

-Cory K.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
"Percy Foreman"

"Karoliina Salminen" <karoliina.t.salminen@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM, <revapran@vfemail.net> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> What's the state of the intrepid artwork? Any screenshots of what it
>> currently looks like?
>
> I don't know as an outsider for sure.
>
> But thing is: I would really love this:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/DustTheme?action=show&redirect=Artwork%2FIncoming% 2FIntrepid%2FDustTheme
>
> (I already installed it into my work computer)
>
> And I really really really don't like the appearance of the wallpaper
> on these screenshots on this blog (the traditional orange ubuntu theme
> is not the best possible out there, and no wow (as a boring theme not
> very good for marketing), but it is acceptable compromise, clear and
> does not hurt the eyes):
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njc1NA
>
> I hope that the theme on Intrepid would be something fresh, and if it
> is not fresh, but the old orange theme, at least the default wallpaper
> should be good and not like on these screenshots. I have seen quite
> many very good wallpaper submissions on the artwork wiki. I hope a
> good one gets selected. For example the ones presented with the Dust
> theme are quite nice and don't push me to search gnomelook.org for
> better wallpapers right away. There are a number of other very good
> submissions as well. You can see those from here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/
>
> I have not found any place which would say for sure which
> theme/wallpaper is going to be used.
>
> Best Regards,
> Karoliina

Thanks Karoliina et al,

That dust theme sure looks nice. I guess I'll be checking that wiki
more often in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward,
Percy