Old 10-01-2008, 11:23 AM
"suemac@empire.net"

Default audio hardware selection?

Hi All,

Forgive me if I've posted a similar question here before...I've been asking
in so many Ubuntu forums I've forgotten.

I'm new to Ubuntu Studio and I'd like to be able to record 8 to 12 channels
of audio via usb or firewire.

I'd also like to get it working with the least amount of hassle and under
$1000 USD (under $500 USD would be nice)

To that end, does anyone have any recommendations on hardware that just
works, or nearly so?

Thanks,
Mac