Old 09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
"mentoj_dija@gmx.de"

Default hello ubuntu studio users out there

hello and greetings from germany.

my english is not very good, but i hope you understand what i mean.

i am looking for a good soundcard. i dont need 5.1 sound. i need a good
stereo sound and a good linux support. i want to record my dj-sets with
this card (and ardour).

are there cards with more than one line in? that would be great, because
i could rout my sampler and synthesizer with jack to ardour, record them
at the same time.

but the sound card should not be to expensive. i dont want to spend more
then 150 € for it.

maybe a mailing list like this is not the right place to ask for, but i
cant find an answer at google.

please share your experience with me.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:23 AM
"Jason Schaefer"

I have an m-audio fast track pro
(http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html) similar to
the edirol ua-25.. In terms of recording samplers and such, I would
recommend using a dj mixer that has 4 inputs or an fx input. You can
plug the sampler into its own dedicated channel or fx channel. You can
mix manually on the mixer and record everything on master out. Unless
you want the sampler on its own track in ardour... you might look at
the fast track ultra
(http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUltra.html). Keep in
mind two of the inputs are XLR only , so you will need to convert to
XLR from your mixer. The other two are XLR and TRS 1/4" combo, just
like the fast track pro.