Old 12-10-2007, 10:59 PM
"Chris Dawson"

Default USB drum pad

I need to find a USB drum pad that works under Linux.* I'm actually not planning to use it for making music.* I want to retrieve any hits on the pads within a perl script.* Anyone have suggestions?

Chris

--
"If we fail to impeach, we have condoned and left unpunished a course of conduct totally inconsistent with the reasonable expectations of the American people. We will have condoned a presidential course of conduct designed to interfere with and obstruct the very process he has sworn to uphold. We will have condoned and left unpunished an abuse of power totally without justification. In short, a power appears to have corrupted. It is a sad period in American history, but I cannot condone what I have heard, I cannot excuse it and I cannot and will not stand still for it." *Republican Senator M. Caldwell Butler of Virginia on Nixon in '72.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Greg K.

Hi Chris,

Not sure if this can help but I've been able to plug a friend's V-drums
via midi and he was "using" Hydrogen with his pads.

Cheers,

Greg

> Sujet:
> USB drum pad
> Expéditeur:
> "Chris Dawson"
> Date:
> Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:59:55 -0200
> Destinataire:
> "Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion"
>

> Destinataire:
> "Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion"
>

> I need to find a USB drum pad that works under Linux. I'm actually not
> planning to use it for making music. I want to retrieve any hits on
> the pads within a perl script. Anyone have suggestions?
>
> Chris
>
> --
> "If we fail to impeach, we have condoned and left unpunished a course
> of conduct totally inconsistent with the reasonable expectations of
> the American people. We will have condoned a presidential course of
> conduct designed to interfere with and obstruct the very process he
> has sworn to uphold. We will have condoned and left unpunished an
> abuse of power totally without justification. In short, a power
> appears to have corrupted. It is a sad period in American history, but
> I cannot condone what I have heard, I cannot excuse it and I cannot
> and will not stand still for it." Republican Senator M. Caldwell
> Butler of Virginia on Nixon in '72.

Windows Live Messenger 2008 vient de sortir, découvrez son nouveau design ! Téléchargez gratuitement Messenger 2008

Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM
"Louis Edwards"

There are tons of Midi drum pads.* And you can get them relatively
inexpensively.* Check out the Roland 8-Pad for a basic functionality
set.
*
Then get a cheap USB-Midi adapter and you're in
business.