Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 AM

Default LADSPA plugins absent or not working in Audacity

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:42:41 -0700
"Paul DeShaw" <pauldeshaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Is anyone able to use the standard plugins that come with Audacity?
> Mine are all greyed out in the effects menu. This is true in all
> versions on all operating systems, even though I know I have used
> them in 1.3.5-beta on the Mac, but can't now. I don't recall ever
> using them in Ubuntu Studio. I have looked all over the Audacity
> site, and it just seems to assume they are included and work. I
> could download some extra ones, but what happened to the originals?
>
> Audacity is my go-to application when I want to do some quick
> editing. I've yet to learn editing in Ardour, so I'd just like to
> use Audacity if I could.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul in Seattle

Did you import or record an audio file? Here all the effects are greyed
out unless you import/record something. Then the built in and nearly
300 plug-ins become available.

One thing on Audacity on current Ubuntu Studio Hardy Heron (8.04):
Audacitys Portaudio and Ubuntus Pulseaudio don't work together. As a
workaround: shut down Pulseaaudio. I'd do that for audio production
anyway since it's just another unnecessary layer.

Regards,
Philipp

Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
"adam faranda"

Does pulesaudio shut down automatically when you start jack? If not, or if you weren't using Jack,*how would you shut it down manually (other than Killing it's PID from the terminal)?