-   -   UStudio & Lightpipe? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/159317-ustudio-lightpipe.html)

"Bob McIlvaine" 09-13-2008 02:57 PM

UStudio & Lightpipe?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the list and haven't even had a chance to install Ubuntustudio yet.

Has anyone attempted recording from a light pipe interface or firewire/usb
lightpipe interface?

I have a Yamaha 01V that can send 8 channels to lightpipe.

So I'd like to do something like:

01V --> lightpipe --> PC with ubuntustudio

Or:

01V --> lightpipe --> firewire --> PC with ubuntustudio

Or, any other that might work better or easier from the 01V.

I'd like to get an idea if it will even work before I buy extra hardware to make it
happen.

Thanks,
Mac

Gustin Johnson 09-13-2008 08:07 PM

UStudio & Lightpipe?

"Kim Burgess" 09-14-2008 12:30 AM

UStudio & Lightpipe?

I've also got a RME 9652 and it works a treat in Studio. RME develop drivers and utility software for linux as well so you have a GUI for all your card settings as well as full access to the cards onboard dsp mixing.

Kim Burgess

P +61 4 2339 9187
E contact@kimburgess.info
W www.kimburgess.info