Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Default Computer Music #129 article about Ubuntu Studio

I've scanned the 6 pages as separate jpegs. They are still in
the 300-40kb range each even when reduced to 25% quality. Should
I still go ahead an post them to the list? I don't want to make
things difficult for anyone on dialup, out of the blue getting 2
megabytes of unexpected jpegs! I can always email them directly
to Luis.
NP: Hawkwind "Quark, Strangeness And Charm"

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
"Cory K."

Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
> I've scanned the 6 pages as separate jpegs. They are still in
> the 300-40kb range each even when reduced to 25% quality. Should
> I still go ahead an post them to the list? I don't want to make
> things difficult for anyone on dialup, out of the blue getting 2
> megabytes of unexpected jpegs! I can always email them directly
> to Luis.

If you can link to hi-res images with a photo service that would rock.
Otherwise, an email to Luis or myself will work. We can host them elsewhere.

-Cory K

Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Cory K. wrote:
> Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
>> I've scanned the 6 pages as separate jpegs. They are still in
>> the 300-40kb range each even when reduced to 25% quality. Should
>> I still go ahead an post them to the list? I don't want to make
>> things difficult for anyone on dialup, out of the blue getting 2
>> megabytes of unexpected jpegs! I can always email them directly
>> to Luis.
>>

> If you can link to hi-res images with a photo service that would
> rock. Otherwise, an email to Luis or myself will work. We can host
> them elsewhere.
>
> -Cory K

I'll email them on to you later today. Due to the large size of
the pages there's some blurring around the edges, but most of it's
perfectly legible without having to squint.
NP: Curved Air "Phantasmagoria"

Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Carla

> I've scanned the 6 pages as separate jpegs. They are still in
> the 300-40kb range each even when reduced to 25% quality. Should
> I still go ahead an post them to the list? I don't want to make
> things difficult for anyone on dialup, out of the blue getting 2
> megabytes of unexpected jpegs! I can always email them directly
> to Luis.

If you can link to hi-res images with a photo service that would rock.
Otherwise, an email to Luis or myself will work. We can host them elsewhere.

-Cory K

Maybe Linux has an ocr app? To convert images with text to straight text? Carla

Make the switch to the world's best email.
Get Yahoo!7 Mail.--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

I'll email them on to you later today. *Due to the large size of

the pages there's some blurring around the edges, but most of it's

perfectly legible without having to squint.

Will they be uploaded somewhere? If not, I'd love to have them too.

Thanks!

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r

Skype: cdstamper

Old 09-11-2008, 02:09 PM
psycho

me too ;-)

Old 09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Christopher Stamper wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Steven Davies-Morris
> <sdavmor@systemstheory.net <mailto:sdavmor@systemstheory.net>>
> wrote:
>

> I'll email them on to you later today. Due to the large size of
> the pages there's some blurring around the edges, but most of it's
> perfectly legible without having to squint.
>

> Will they be uploaded somewhere? If not, I'd love to have them too.
>

> Thanks!
>

> -- Christopher Stamper

They'll be on their way to the powers that be very soon. i.e. once I
move them from my wife's Windows PC (with the scanner) to my Ubuntu
Studio PC.
NP: David Bowie "Low"

Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Steven Davies-Morris
<sdavmor@systemstheory.net> wrote:
> Christopher Stamper wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Steven Davies-Morris
>> <sdavmor@systemstheory.net <mailto:sdavmor@systemstheory.net>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> I'll email them on to you later today. Due to the large size of
>> the pages there's some blurring around the edges, but most of it's
>> perfectly legible without having to squint.
>>

>> Will they be uploaded somewhere? If not, I'd love to have them too.
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>> -- Christopher Stamper
>
> They'll be on their way to the powers that be very soon. i.e. once I
> move them from my wife's Windows PC (with the scanner) to my Ubuntu
> Studio PC.
> --
> Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man
> Systems Theory internet music project: <www.systemstheory.net>
> on MySpace: <www.myspace.com/systemstheory>
> on Last FM: <www.last.fm/music/Systems+Theory>
> get "Codetalkers" *free* at <www.mikedickson.org.uk/codetalkers>
> NP: David Bowie "Low"

The 6 scans can be downloaded and viewed from:
http://luisbg.users.ubuntustudio.org/luisbg/computer_music/

Awesome! Thanks Steven.

Luis

--
Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg

Old 09-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Luis de Bethencourt wrote:

> The 6 scans can be downloaded and viewed from:
> http://luisbg.users.ubuntustudio.org/luisbg/computer_music/
>
> Awesome! Thanks Steven.
>
> Luis

You're welcome. It doesn't tell us much we don't already know, and it
would have been nice if there'd been one more page of text going a bit
deeper into Ubuntu Studio. But the fact that they'd give it 6 pages
and show the range of apps and say such positive things about it is a
very good sign that Ubuntu Studio is going to be taken seriously as a
viable DAW environment.
NP: nothing