Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Steve Meiers

Default Future Directions for UbuntuStudio dev

Ditto Alex Stone!
Audio, audio, audio - that's why I use UbuntuStudio, for the realtime kernel and the big bag of AUDIO apps.

For you developers,
Don't worry about being 100% in sync with the generic Ubuntu. Be true to your original goal, have fun and keep up the great work! We are here because we like what you've done and we will wait for your next masterpiece no matter how long it takes.

My only wish?
More firewire connectivity, my Profire Lightbridge has no driver yet

Steve Meiers

Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Gustin Johnson <gustin@echostar.ca> wrote:

+1 to Gustin, especially about Firewire being a vendor problem. So sad
there is people interested in devoting their free time with no other
goal than make more people be able to use their products, and they
vendors don't seam interested.

Luis

--
Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg

Old 09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 09-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Luis de Bethencourt schrieb:

> Another opportunity to back that: UbuntuStudio is UbuntuAudio for
> me too and to have a not-so-Ubuntuish kernel with rt-caps is better
> for me than to have a shiny Desktop that fails me on JACK

Count me in here too. I'm on Ubuntu Studio for the audio, though what
I see of the video tools is also very impressive. All things being
equal, I'd rather a rt kernel release be bypassed if there's ongoing
problems associated with it. Regardless of how keen I am to drive
"Ibis" for my day-to-day computing desktop needs, I don't think that
Ubuntu Studio needs to live anywhere close to the bleeding edge when
I approach the things I do (create) for love (art).

[cue 10cc, exit stage right]
NP: Tangerine Dream "Phaedra"