Old 09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
"Eva Vossmerbäumer"

Default using Rosengarten, cutting .wave

Hello everyone!

I am Eva, new here, a violinist wanting to use those wonderful Ubuntu tools to be able to tinker with the music recordings I have just made with a guitarrist.

I need to first of all cut a large wave file into separate pieces....

(As you might notice, I am pioneering the use of creative media software - but maybe one of you has a helpful push for me?!)

So I downloaded the program * Rosengarten *...

.wave does not seem to be supported in there.
Do I need another sequencing program, in order to simply cut that wave file?
Which one?

And Rosengarten (I might want to use it for other things) tells me to run the JACK server.

In which settings do I find him...? Help Ubuntu does not give me any result for JACK.

I anybody knows, or just works with Rosengarten himself, or knows anything else, I am very grateful to know.
Thank you a lot,

and greetings from New York,
Eva