Old 08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Steve Meiers

Default HP tx2510us installation problems

Salutations UbuntuStudio Geeks,

I just picked up a splendid (for Vista only so far) HP tablet model tx2510 and have had no success installing UbuntuStudio. I looked to the non-studio support and found issues described similar to mine, a temperature error during installation that shuts down the notebook very early in the installation. But no solutions yet. I'm hoping for some advice, links, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Steve M
On the LEFT Coast

Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 AM

Have you thought about 'chilling' the PC before installing.
If that doesn't work, perhaps an hour in the freezer might
get you past your trouble spot. You don't have to
chill the battery- it'll be better warm.
SkipF
Boston
From: Steve Meiers <tekrytor@yahoo.com>

Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

> I just picked up a splendid (for Vista only so far) HP tablet model tx2510 and

> have had no success installing UbuntuStudio. I looked to the non-studio support

> and found issues described similar to mine, a temperature error during

> installation that shuts down the notebook very early in the installation. But no

> solutions yet. I'm hoping for some advice, links, etc.
There is probably a problem with fan control/whatever else. Try messing with the BIOS settings.

The table's probably expecting the OS to do temp control.

Chilling it may work, just don't get it too cold and try to cool and warm it gradually. Maybe even do the install in the fridge... :-)

To sudden a temp change may be very bad.

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg