Old 08-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Matthew Polashek

Default OT: Alsa-user List bounce Was: miditimepiece av problem

Gustin Johnson wrote:

> matt@tinysongs.net wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I cannot post to the alsa list.
>>

> Why not?

Here's the bouce message. I have not had success contacting the ALSA
administrator either.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at outbound-mail-135.bluehost.com.

<alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net>:
66.35.250.206 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Postmaster verification failed while checking <matt@tinysongs.net>
550-Called: 74.220.206.175
550-Sent: RCPT TO:<postmaster@tinysongs.net>
550-Response: 550 No Such User Here
550-Several RFCs state that you are required to have a postmaster
550-mailbox for each mail domain. This host does not accept mail
550-from domains whose servers reject the postmaster address.
550 Sender verify failed
Giving up on 66.35.250.206.

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Subject:
mtpav
From:
matt@tinysongs.net
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:38:01 -0400 (EDT)

To:
alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net

(Body supressed)

Old 08-30-2008, 02:45 AM
Andrew Hunter

Matthew Polashek wrote:

> Gustin Johnson wrote:

> Why not?
>

>> Here's the bouce message. I have not had success contacting the ALSA
>> administrator either.
>
>> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at outbound-mail-135.bluehost.com.
>> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>
>> <alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net>:
>> 66.35.250.206 does not like recipient.
>> Remote host said: 550-Postmaster verification failed while checking <matt@tinysongs.net>
>> 550-Called: 74.220.206.175
>> 550-Sent: RCPT TO:<postmaster@tinysongs.net>
>> 550-Response: 550 No Such User Here
>> 550-Several RFCs state that you are required to have a postmaster
>> 550-mailbox for each mail domain. This host does not accept mail
>> 550-from domains whose servers reject the postmaster address.

Create an address at you domain called postmaster. It will stop bouncing
you messages.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 AM
Matthew Polashek

Andrew Hunter wrote:

> Matthew Polashek wrote:
>
>> Gustin Johnson wrote:

>> Why not?
>>

>>> Here's the bouce message. I have not had success contacting the ALSA
>>> administrator either.
>>>
>>> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at outbound-mail-135.bluehost.com.
>>> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>>> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>>>
>>> <alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net>:
>>> 66.35.250.206 does not like recipient.
>>> Remote host said: 550-Postmaster verification failed while checking <matt@tinysongs.net>
>>> 550-Called: 74.220.206.175
>>> 550-Sent: RCPT TO:<postmaster@tinysongs.net>
>>> 550-Response: 550 No Such User Here
>>> 550-Several RFCs state that you are required to have a postmaster
>>> 550-mailbox for each mail domain. This host does not accept mail
>>> 550-from domains whose servers reject the postmaster address.
>>>

> Create an address at you domain called postmaster. It will stop bouncing
> you messages.

That was awesome! Thanks! problem solved.

>>> 550 Sender verify failed
>>> Giving up on 66.35.250.206.
>>>
>>> --- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

>>> Subject:
>>> mtpav
>>> From:
>>> matt@tinysongs.net