Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Default miditimepiece av problem

Hi!

I cannot post to the alsa list. They cannot seem to help me work that
out. I just hooked up my mtpav to my ubuntustudio box and this is what I
get:

matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$ sudo modprobe snd-mtpav
[sudo] password for matthew:
FATAL: Error inserting snd_mtpav
(/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-rt/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/drivers/snd-mtpav.ko):
No such device
matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$

Thoughts?

Matt

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Matthew Polashek

matt@tinysongs.net wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I cannot post to the alsa list. They cannot seem to help me work that
> out. I just hooked up my mtpav to my ubuntustudio box and this is what I
> get:
>
> matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$ sudo modprobe snd-mtpav
> [sudo] password for matthew:
> FATAL: Error inserting snd_mtpav
> (/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-rt/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/drivers/snd-mtpav.ko):
> No such device
> matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Matt

Oh, I just tried blacklisting the paraport and paraport_pc kernel
modules, did a re-boot and the snd-mtpav module loads, but I don't think
it's working.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Matthew Polashek

Gustin Johnson wrote:

> matt@tinysongs.net wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I cannot post to the alsa list.
>>

> Why not?
>

>> They cannot seem to help me work that
>> out. I just hooked up my mtpav to my ubuntustudio box and this is what I
>> get:
>>
>> matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$ sudo modprobe snd-mtpav
>> [sudo] password for matthew:
>> FATAL: Error inserting snd_mtpav
>> (/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-rt/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/drivers/snd-mtpav.ko):
>> No such device
>> matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> More questions than anything else:
> Have you looked at dmesg?

[79873.033027] Motu MidiTimePiece on parallel port irq: 7 ioport: 0x378

> Have you looked at lsusb?

matthew@ubuntustudiobox1:~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 05ac:0204 Apple Computer, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05ac:1002 Apple Computer, Inc. Apple Extended
Keyboard Hub [Mitsumi]
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

> What version of ALSA (ie. have you installed a newer version)?

I am using the vanilla UbuntuStudio alsa

> What have you done already other than modprobe (are there options to
> pass modprobe for your device, is your hardware listed on the
> compatibility list and so on...)?

Alsa says it works. I have not messed with any config files yet.