Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Bharani Prasanth Sure

Default Qsampler

Oh well that's a problem with your locale settings...type locale on terminal then set the corresponding variables..By the way please tell what is Qsampler used for.. I am able to run the program successfully connecting to the lscp...blah blah...8888..but how can I use it and for what..?

Best Regards,Bharani Prasanth Sure.

________________________________

Old 12-08-2007, 12:55 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

What is it for?

Hard to explain, at least for a newbie like me. It's actually a MIDI synth, and it uses soundfonts. Wayy better than timidity, imo. Or maybe I haven't configured timidity++ right?

So what do you guys use for a synth anyway?

christopherstamper@gmail.com
http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

Old 12-08-2007, 04:15 PM
"adam faranda"

As I understand it, Qsynth (which is a fluidsynth wrapper), loads a sound font file, which is sort of like an advanced sample library, in that it contains the "font" of the sound, the shape of its envelope and it's timbre. Qsynth then takes these characteristics and applies them to whatever note you play on the keyboard. Qsampler lets you create (annd maybe edit?) soundfont files.

Lately I have been using ZynAddSubFx alot, I just downloaded amSynth which is sweet, and when I have time I am going to compile ams. My only hard synth is a Yamaha DX7 that was built before I was born (BEST EBAY PURCHASE EVER!!!!!).

Old 12-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Asmo Koskinen

adam faranda kirjoitti:
> My only hard synth is a Yamaha DX7 that was built before I was born (BEST EBAY PURCHASE
> EVER!!!!!).

Here is few quick samples by me and M-Audio Keystation 49e > Jackd >
Hexter > Ardour2.

www.arkki.info/howto/Hexter_export.ogg

Sound familiar? Never had DX7.

http://dssi.sourceforge.net/hexter.html

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:00 PM
"adam faranda"

Sorry for the double post, I got distracted by a shiny object.
I typed locale in the terminal, and it printed what looked like a list of variables that looked like this:

LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"

except of course the list was much longer, but for each, the value was set to en_US.UTF8 except for LC_All, which had no value.*
Do I need to create a file in /usr/shared/locale for Qsampler?

Thank you for your feedback.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
"adam faranda"

Here is few quick samplesThat is a pretty tight emulation! I am going to have to experiment some more with hexeter.