Old 08-24-2008, 08:01 AM
"Paul DeShaw"

Default MacBook built-in sound + JACK: possible?

Greetings,

Although I have a USB interface, sometimes I like to do a little editing or scratchpad recording directly into the laptop, without bulky equipment and associated cords and power supplies.* I have experimented with it, and so far, I can record in Ardour, but I can't play anything back.* In JACK I choose either HDA Intel or STAC92xx Analog for the input and output devices.* The meters bounce, and the routing in the Connect window looks fine, but I can't hear anything.* I can get sound out of this card with non-JACK audio apps, so I know it works.* Is there anything more I can do?

Paul in Seattle