Old 08-22-2008, 11:25 AM
"Michael Jeter"

Default M-Audio Key Station 49e

I have installed Ubuntu Studio.

In the install, I have a ton of packages under ¨Audio Production,¨ and
Pulse Audio Device Chooser.

What program will alow me to get sound out of this keyboard?

Michael

Old 08-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Asmo Koskinen

Michael Jeter kirjoitti:

> What program will alow me to get sound out of this keyboard?

Holy Grail is jackd. Some programs needs soundfonts. Not Hexter.

M-Audio > Jackd > Hexter
http://www.arkki.info/howto/Ubuntu_Studio/19.png

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
"adam faranda"

As far as I know, the M-Station is strictly a MIDI controller and has no onboard sounds:
*
look for a program called aconnect gui, ( or*try* 'aconnect' from the shell). Aconnect will let you route the MIDI data coming from your M-Station wherever it needs to go.For example into a software synthesizer such as zynaddsubfx, or a DAW such as RoseGarden.

*A simpler*way to do this is to use patchage. Patchage is a*virtual patch-bay that lets you*make audio and*MIDI connections between different programs.*You must first have the Jack server running in order to start patchage.

*
Good luck !
*
---- Adam