Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM
"Vítor"

Default Cinelerra x LiVES

Hi

Is there someone that uses Cinelerra and LiVES?
What do you think is the best choice?

Thanks

Vítor

Old 08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Vítor a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Is there someone that uses Cinelerra and LiVES?
> What do you think is the best choice?
>
> Thanks
>
> Vítor
Hi,

I'm using a lot Cinelerra and i've tested Lives.

For everyday use, in video editing the best free software are

beginners : kino
intermediates : kdenlive
Pro : cinelerra

between kdenlive and cinelerra, you should also use the excellent open
movie editor but only in english.

Lives is usable but the GUI is not very pleseant and the tools are
limited face to the 3 main softwares.

Kino and kdenlive are avaibable in Ubuntu studio by official repository.
For cinelerra, you have our repository here :

http://www.lprod.org/wiki/doku.php/video:cinelerra#ubuntu_hardy_heron_studio_8.04

Good install and use,

Laurent