Old 08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default about cinelerra in ubuntu studio ?

Hi,

is there an ubuntu studio team member who could explain me exactly
what's wrong in free software Cinelerra not to include it into official
ubuntu repository ?

is it just a matter of fonts ?

Laurent

Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 PM
"Cory K."

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an ubuntu studio team member who could explain me exactly
> what's wrong in free software Cinelerra not to include it into official
> ubuntu repository ?
>
> is it just a matter of fonts ?
>
> Laurent

Fonts are one, along with a myriad of other issues that have precluded
it from being in other free distros.

In the end we're (Ubuntu Studio) waiting for Lumiera to release.

In the mean time there is a repo for Cinelerra-CV:
https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/cinelerra/2008-August/014721.html

And a binary for Cinelerra from Heroine Virtual:
http://www.heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3#download

-Cory K.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Cory K. a écrit :
> laurent.bellegarde wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there an ubuntu studio team member who could explain me exactly
>> what's wrong in free software Cinelerra not to include it into official
>> ubuntu repository ?
>>
>> is it just a matter of fonts ?
>>
>> Laurent
>>

> Fonts are one, along with a myriad of other issues that have precluded
> it from being in other free distros.
>
> In the end we're (Ubuntu Studio) waiting for Lumiera to release.
>
> In the mean time there is a repo for Cinelerra-CV:
> https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/cinelerra/2008-August/014721.html
>
> And a binary for Cinelerra from Heroine Virtual:
> http://www.heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3#download
>
> -Cory K.

hi, yes we know about theses links because we are making a deb package
for 32 and 64 bits Ubuntu release in www.lprod.org.

My question is to know exactly to modifiy in the source code to allow
the package to be in regular repository.

Yesterday i've tested the Cinelerra 4 release under ubuntu studio 32
bits, it work's fine, with many improvements...

We are goind to do a new package for all the users of Ubuntu.

Lumiera is absolutely free ? is it a fork ? is it a new branch ? is
there something usuable at this time ?

Laurent

Old 08-22-2008, 11:19 AM
"Cory K."

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> Cory K. a écrit :
>
>> laurent.bellegarde wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there an ubuntu studio team member who could explain me exactly
>>> what's wrong in free software Cinelerra not to include it into official
>>> ubuntu repository ?
>>>
>>> is it just a matter of fonts ?
>>>
>>> Laurent
>>>
>> Fonts are one, along with a myriad of other issues that have precluded
>> it from being in other free distros.
>>
>> In the end we're (Ubuntu Studio) waiting for Lumiera to release.
>>
>> In the mean time there is a repo for Cinelerra-CV:
>> https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/cinelerra/2008-August/014721.html
>>
>> And a binary for Cinelerra from Heroine Virtual:
>> http://www.heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3#download
>>
>> -Cory K.
>>
> hi, yes we know about theses links because we are making a deb package
> for 32 and 64 bits Ubuntu release in www.lprod.org.
>
> My question is to know exactly to modifiy in the source code to allow
> the package to be in regular repository.

You can't really. We've tried and even worked with the Cinelerre-CV guys
to do it. No luck. It's too much work.

> Yesterday i've tested the Cinelerra 4 release under ubuntu studio 32
> bits, it work's fine, with many improvements...
>
> We are goind to do a new package for all the users of Ubuntu.

I really don't see the point since there is a repo for the -CV version
and C4. People can just use one of those.

> Lumiera is absolutely free ? is it a fork ? is it a new branch ? is
> there something usuable at this time ?

It is a complete ground-up re-write. Google will show you all the info
you want. They have a IRC channel as well.

Best I can say is that many have been down the road of trying to clean
it up enough to get it into a distro. It won't happen. Lumiera has the
best chance but that's a ways off.

-Cory K.