Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
"Cory K."

Default Ubuntu Studio Intrepid look is shaping up.

Ubuntu Studio's Intrepid look is coming along.

Desktop shot only:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2047/earlyscreenshotbt9.png

Not really looking for anything. Just showing interested people.

Big thanx to Conn for the collaboration so far.

-Cory K.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Inspired12

Love the smoothness of the toolbars, and also big fan of hexagon patterns.
I send thanks and props to Conn for the work.
Its funny and I can imagine a little frustrating how the visual aspect of an operating system

can sometimes overshadow the stuff that really matters at the core.
I think people are drawn to eye candy first, and then to the features.
So I feel confident that we are well on the way to having another successful release

thats some delicious eye candy. o/

Javier Fadul - Inspired12 // 832-922-1254 // www.armfar.com // www.inspired12.com // www.culturepilot.com

Old 08-20-2008, 12:33 AM
"Cory K."

Inspired12 wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com
> <mailto:coryisatm@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
> Ubuntu Studio's Intrepid look is coming along.
>
> Desktop shot only:
> http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2047/earlyscreenshotbt9.png
>
> Not really looking for anything. Just showing interested people.
>
> Big thanx to Conn for the collaboration so far.
>
> -Cory K.
>

> Love the smoothness of the toolbars, and also big fan of hexagon patterns.

It's something that will get more development but that's the general
feel and the motif that will also show up in the GDM. (under heavy
construction)

> I send thanks and props to Conn for the work.
> Its funny and I can imagine a little frustrating how the visual aspect
> of an operating system
> can sometimes overshadow the stuff that really matters at the core.
> I think people are drawn to eye candy first, and then to the features.
> So I feel confident that we are well on the way to having another
> successful release
> thats some delicious eye candy. o/

It should end up fine. We're trying to get more help on
packaging/bug-fixing because it can look nice all day, things can always
work better.

But yeah. Should be pleasing to look at.

-Cory

PS - Please don't top-post.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:00 PM

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:33:44 -0400
"Cory K." <coryisatm@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Inspired12 wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com
> > <mailto:coryisatm@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Ubuntu Studio's Intrepid look is coming along.
> >
> > Desktop shot only:
> > http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2047/earlyscreenshotbt9.png
> >
> > Not really looking for anything. Just showing interested people.
> >
> > Big thanx to Conn for the collaboration so far.
> >
> > -Cory K.
> >

> > Love the smoothness of the toolbars, and also big fan of hexagon
> > patterns.
>
> It's something that will get more development but that's the general
> feel and the motif that will also show up in the GDM. (under heavy
> construction)
>
> > I send thanks and props to Conn for the work.
> > Its funny and I can imagine a little frustrating how the visual
> > aspect of an operating system
> > can sometimes overshadow the stuff that really matters at the core.
> > I think people are drawn to eye candy first, and then to the
> > features. So I feel confident that we are well on the way to having
> > another successful release
> > thats some delicious eye candy. o/
>
> It should end up fine. We're trying to get more help on
> packaging/bug-fixing because it can look nice all day, things can
> always work better.
>
> But yeah. Should be pleasing to look at.
>
> -Cory
>
> PS - Please don't top-post.

Please make a screenshot with a second app in the taskbar, just to see
if inactive window taskbar-things and title bars are readable.
I don't like the rings for minimise/maximise/close, it looks like a bad
osx-copy (without even the colours, therefor bad, but I don't like the
osx-way either).
Else, it doesn't look bad, just wondering how it looks here, at half
(or quarter, depending on how you see it) the size of your screenshot.

Philipp