Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Default GCDmaster on Hardy doesn't see dvd-r & cd-r burners

Using v 1.2.2 on Hardy 8.04 AMD64 kernel 2.6.24-19-rt on an ECS
GEForce 6100M motherboard with 4gb of ram.

Other burner programs (i.e. Brasero) do see both my dvd-r and cd-r
burners. However, I want to use GCDmaster to take a 50 minute WAV
file exported from elsewhere (CD Architect on WinXP), and drop in
the CD track markers to make 7 individual tracks out of the longer
composition. So far so good, that part works as expected (though a
bit clunkily) so I have the cue sheet. But when I tell GCDmaster
to scan to find and setup the available burner devices it simply
doesn't see them.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what do I need to do to
resolve this? Alternatively, what other program provides a smart
front-end to the burner so I can layout a cue sheet and burn a
CD with continuous/seamless track flow?
NP: nothing

Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
> Using v 1.2.2 on Hardy 8.04 AMD64 kernel 2.6.24-19-rt on an ECS
> GEForce 6100M motherboard with 4gb of ram.
>
> Other burner programs (i.e. Brasero) do see both my dvd-r and cd-r
> burners. However, I want to use GCDmaster to take a 50 minute WAV
> file exported from elsewhere (CD Architect on WinXP), and drop in
> the CD track markers to make 7 individual tracks out of the longer
> composition. So far so good, that part works as expected (though a
> bit clunkily) so I have the cue sheet. But when I tell GCDmaster
> to scan to find and setup the available burner devices it simply
> doesn't see them.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what do I need to do to
> resolve this? Alternatively, what other program provides a smart
> front-end to the burner so I can layout a cue sheet and burn a
> CD with continuous/seamless track flow?

Following up with something I forgot. When I open a terminal I do see
the results of scanning for burner devices.

sdavmor@spock:~$ sudo cdrdao scanbus
sudo: unable to resolve host spock
Cdrdao version 1.2.2 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@daneb.de>
SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver
tables.

Using libscg version 'ubuntu-0.8ubuntu1'

4,0,0 : HL-DT-ST, DVDRRW GSA-H20L , S742
4,1,0 : LG , CD-RW CED-8080B , 1.06
NP: nothing

Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Steven Davies-Morris