Old 08-16-2008, 07:56 AM
"Paul DeShaw"

Default volumes are visible

This is not a bug. This is a setting that was done by talking with the

community feedback a couple releases ago. It's a simple switch to turn

it on. It's "volumes visible" on the desktop.

Using the gconf editor; /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible click the

checkbox to make it true.

-Cory K.
Thank you for explaining that; I remember the discussion, but missed the part about how to set it.* I started it by typing gconf-editor in the terminal; don't know if there's another way.* I like my volumes nice and obvious.* When I unmount them before shutting down, they are right in plain sight, no surfing through menus or entering commands.* Right-click, unmount volume, done.

--Paul D.