Old 08-15-2008, 07:53 AM
"Cory K."

Default few trouble in ubuntu studio

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This morning i've decided to re-install my laptop under Ubuntu Studio,
> with a fresh install, before I was using warty->feisty, then ubuntu
> studio until 8.04 by upgrading with internet. Few things stranged appear
> so that's why I've decided to re install.
>
> so, the computer is an intel centrino pentium M 1,4 GHz, 1,2 Mo ram, 80
> Go Hard disk with ati radeon 7000.
>
> first, i've installed ubuntu hardy 8.04 32 bits CD official release :
> everything is ok
>
> my hard disk is parted, 12 Go for the /, 400 Mo for the swap, 30 Go for
> the /home and 37Go for /media/sauve.
>
> When hardy was completely installed and upgraded, there was an icon for
> the media/sauve partition on the desktop as all the ubuntu release.
>
> After upgrading to studio with all the ubuntustudio packages, this icon
> has disappered, but the partition is avaibable without trouble in
> nautilus, there is no icon desktop. When i'm using an usb key, usb
> external hard disk, no more icons on the desktop, avaibable too in
> nautilus, but to unload them, you have to do a right-click in nautilus
> to avoid damages on this kind of device.
>
> There a bug in ubuntu studio package, but I don't know which one.
>
> Another thing, why mencoder, mplayer, kdenlive are not auto-install by
> ubuntustudio-video package as they are in ubuntu official repository ?
>
> And the end, everything working fine, cinelerra from lprod.org too if
> you change your sources.list.
>
> Hope this info helps debugging.
>
> Laurent

This is not a bug. This is a setting that was done by talking with the
community feedback a couple releases ago. It's a simple switch to turn
it on. It's "volumes visible" on the desktop.

Using the gconf editor; /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible click the
checkbox to make it true.

-Cory K.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Cory K. a écrit :
> laurent.bellegarde wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> This morning i've decided to re-install my laptop under Ubuntu Studio,
>> with a fresh install, before I was using warty->feisty, then ubuntu
>> studio until 8.04 by upgrading with internet. Few things stranged appear
>> so that's why I've decided to re install.
>>
>> so, the computer is an intel centrino pentium M 1,4 GHz, 1,2 Mo ram, 80
>> Go Hard disk with ati radeon 7000.
>>
>> first, i've installed ubuntu hardy 8.04 32 bits CD official release :
>> everything is ok
>>
>> my hard disk is parted, 12 Go for the /, 400 Mo for the swap, 30 Go for
>> the /home and 37Go for /media/sauve.
>>
>> When hardy was completely installed and upgraded, there was an icon for
>> the media/sauve partition on the desktop as all the ubuntu release.
>>
>> After upgrading to studio with all the ubuntustudio packages, this icon
>> has disappered, but the partition is avaibable without trouble in
>> nautilus, there is no icon desktop. When i'm using an usb key, usb
>> external hard disk, no more icons on the desktop, avaibable too in
>> nautilus, but to unload them, you have to do a right-click in nautilus
>> to avoid damages on this kind of device.
>>
>> There a bug in ubuntu studio package, but I don't know which one.
>>
>> Another thing, why mencoder, mplayer, kdenlive are not auto-install by
>> ubuntustudio-video package as they are in ubuntu official repository ?
>>
>> And the end, everything working fine, cinelerra from lprod.org too if
>> you change your sources.list.
>>
>> Hope this info helps debugging.
>>
>> Laurent
>>

> This is not a bug. This is a setting that was done by talking with the
> community feedback a couple releases ago. It's a simple switch to turn
> it on. It's "volumes visible" on the desktop.
>
> Using the gconf editor; /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible click the
> checkbox to make it true.
>
> -Cory K.

hi, ok, that's fine, no one in France know about this. we are going to
write it as a special thing for ubuntu studio.

Thank's for your answer.

Laurent