Old 08-15-2008, 07:11 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default few trouble in ubuntu studio

Hi everyone,

This morning i've decided to re-install my laptop under Ubuntu Studio,
with a fresh install, before I was using warty->feisty, then ubuntu
studio until 8.04 by upgrading with internet. Few things stranged appear
so that's why I've decided to re install.

so, the computer is an intel centrino pentium M 1,4 GHz, 1,2 Mo ram, 80
Go Hard disk with ati radeon 7000.

first, i've installed ubuntu hardy 8.04 32 bits CD official release :
everything is ok

my hard disk is parted, 12 Go for the /, 400 Mo for the swap, 30 Go for
the /home and 37Go for /media/sauve.

When hardy was completely installed and upgraded, there was an icon for
the media/sauve partition on the desktop as all the ubuntu release.

After upgrading to studio with all the ubuntustudio packages, this icon
has disappered, but the partition is avaibable without trouble in
nautilus, there is no icon desktop. When i'm using an usb key, usb
external hard disk, no more icons on the desktop, avaibable too in
nautilus, but to unload them, you have to do a right-click in nautilus
to avoid damages on this kind of device.

There a bug in ubuntu studio package, but I don't know which one.

Another thing, why mencoder, mplayer, kdenlive are not auto-install by
ubuntustudio-video package as they are in ubuntu official repository ?

And the end, everything working fine, cinelerra from lprod.org too if
you change your sources.list.

Hope this info helps debugging.

Laurent