Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

Default Ubuntu Studio is looking for help.

We want you!

Ubuntu Studio is looking for people who care about multimedia
applications in Ubuntu.
Inkscape, Ardour, Blender, Audacity, GIMP, etc...

Do you know or want to learn packaging?
Want to share your creative spark and help with the look of the distro
and wesbite?
Would you like to document your knowledge about free multimedia software?
Are you cool and in the path to being a rockstar? or Eurodance star?

If you replied "yes" to any of the above questions.
Or maybe, or you laughed at the fourth one.

Come join us at #ubuntustudio-devel in irc freenode, or talk to us in
our development mailing list:

Tell your friends! Tell your fans!

Luis de Bethencourt on behalf of
The Ubuntu Studio Team

--
Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg

Old 08-06-2008, 02:47 AM
Kevin McKinney

Sounds really good!

Could someone tell me how to join the #ubuntustudio-devel group?

Thanks

Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
"Jammaria Croocklin"

YES i do so => www.myspace.com/croocklin** and* www.myspace.com/treeseenred

thx for Ubuntu Studio

Jam

Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Kevin McKinney <kmckinney2@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> Sounds really good!
>
> Could someone tell me how to join the #ubuntustudio-devel group?
>
> Thanks

If you mean IRC.

You can use pidgin:
http://stfu.blogs.ablenet.org/100/how_to_connect_to_irc_with_pidgin_gaim

Or you can use xchat which is an irc client.

The server irc irc.freenode.net and the channel #ubuntustudio-devel.

Luis

Old 08-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Frank Langbridge

Hi Luis

*

I used this chatroom about 12 months ago and offered my services but was told that there was nothing for me to do at the time.

*

I have been back on a fw occasions and the room although full of people had not much going on.

*

I am an avid Ubuntu studio user and would love to give something back.

what times of the day are usually busiest ?

*

Frank

Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Frank Langbridge
<franklangbridge@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis
>
> I used this chatroom about 12 months ago and offered my services but was
> told that there was nothing for me to do at the time.
>
> I have been back on a fw occasions and the room although full of people had
> not much going on.
>
> I am an avid Ubuntu studio user and would love to give something back.
> what times of the day are usually busiest ?
>
> Frank

Since most of us have day jobs, evenings and nights are the most busy.
Eventhough most of us have jobs in front of a computer with access to
internet, so we discuss/chat stuff during the day also.

Now comes the complicated part, when is the evening for us. We have
people in the USA, Spain, Japan, Australia, Helsinki, Italy... so you
can imagine there is no clear way to say when the channel is more
active.

Just join in and see for yourself.

Luis

Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
"Irene Coremberg"

I just joined to list and IRC. I'm a digital artist using Blender, Gimp and Inkscape, and hope can collaborate with this work.

Best,
Irenka