FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM
"Cory K."
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

Fabien Juchniewicz wrote:
> Yes...
>
> You can try to start jackd with a higher priority, like this : nice
> -n-15 /usr/bin/jackd (in qjackctl / Setup)
>
> You can try also to desactivate network manager which causes me some
> xruns...

Which is the reason why it's not included by default (people have no
clue how much crap we've got lately for this)

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-04-2008, 12:47 AM
"holotone@gmail.com"
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Fabien Juchniewicz wrote:

> Yes...

>

> You can try to start jackd with a higher priority, like this : nice

> -n-15 /usr/bin/jackd (in qjackctl / Setup)

>

> You can try also to desactivate network manager which causes me some

> xruns...



Which is the reason why it's not included by default (people have no

clue how much crap we've got lately for this)
Are there any non-xrun-causing alternatives to network manager? I find it incredibly useful, and would hate to not have access to it or something like it. How bad is the problem it causes?


~holotone


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
"Cory K."
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

holotone@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com
> <mailto:coryisatm@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
> Fabien Juchniewicz wrote:
> > Yes...
> >
> > You can try to start jackd with a higher priority, like this : nice
> > -n-15 /usr/bin/jackd (in qjackctl / Setup)
> >
> > You can try also to desactivate network manager which causes me some
> > xruns...
>
> Which is the reason why it's not included by default (people
> have no
> clue how much crap we've got lately for this)
>
>
> Are there any non-xrun-causing alternatives to network manager? I find
> it incredibly useful, and would hate to not have access to it or
> something like it.

The normal GNOME network tools are there and have worked for years on
every laptop I've owned. Just a little more manual if you hop to
different networks. Mine doesn't leave the house.

> How bad is the problem it causes?

Depends on the setup I guess. But it's generally enough to put it in
with the reasons *not* to include it by default.

-Cory K.

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 AM
"holotone@gmail.com"
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com> wrote:

The normal GNOME network tools are there and have worked for years on

every laptop I've owned. Just a little more manual if you hop to

different networks. Mine doesn't leave the house.
Egads; I'm moving around enough to make that a royal pain.
*

> How bad is the problem it causes?

Depends on the setup I guess. But it's generally enough to put it in

with the reasons *not* to include it by default.
Is it a bug with network manager? Are they aware of the problem and / or is it fixable?

~holotone


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-04-2008, 01:14 AM
"Cory K."
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

holotone@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com
> <mailto:coryisatm@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
> The normal GNOME network tools are there and have worked for years on
> every laptop I've owned. Just a little more manual if you hop to
> different networks. Mine doesn't leave the house.
>
>
> Egads; I'm moving around enough to make that a royal pain.
>
>
> > How bad is the problem it causes?
>
> Depends on the setup I guess. But it's generally enough to put it in
> with the reasons *not* to include it by default.
>
>
> Is it a bug with network manager? Are they aware of the problem and /
> or is it fixable?

I couldn't tell you the cause. Only the effect.

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Fabien Juchniewicz
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

Le dimanche 03 août 2008 à 21:14 -0400, Cory K. a écrit*:


holotone@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com
> <mailto:coryisatm@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
> The normal GNOME network tools are there and have worked for years on
> every laptop I've owned. Just a little more manual if you hop to
> different networks. Mine doesn't leave the house.
>
>
> Egads; I'm moving around enough to make that a royal pain.
>
>
> > How bad is the problem it causes?
>
> Depends on the setup I guess. But it's generally enough to put it in
> with the reasons *not* to include it by default.
>
>
> Is it a bug with network manager? Are they aware of the problem and /
> or is it fixable?

I couldn't tell you the cause. Only the effect.




The trick is to right click on the applet and stop the network while you play music. It works for me.



/F@jE


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Gustin Johnson
 
Default Xruns and Network Manager

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Fabien Juchniewicz wrote:
> Le dimanche 03 août 2008 à 21:14 -0400, Cory K. a écrit :
>
>> holotone@gmail.com wrote:
>>> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com
>>> <mailto:coryisatm@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The normal GNOME network tools are there and have worked for years on
>>> every laptop I've owned. Just a little more manual if you hop to
>>> different networks. Mine doesn't leave the house.
>>>
>>>
>>> Egads; I'm moving around enough to make that a royal pain.
>>>
>>>
>>> > How bad is the problem it causes?
>>>
>>> Depends on the setup I guess. But it's generally enough to put it in
>>> with the reasons *not* to include it by default.
>>>
>>>
>>> Is it a bug with network manager? Are they aware of the problem and /
>>> or is it fixable?
>> I couldn't tell you the cause. Only the effect.
>
>
> The trick is to right click on the applet and stop the network while you
> play music. It works for me.
>
> /F@jE
>
You don't need to stop the network, just network-manger. Personally I
would recommend getting used to the CLI, it is not hard especially for
dhcp based networks. Seriously how hard is:
dhclient eth0



-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIlpW6wRXgH3rKGfMRArOYAJ9DlQDLaA1d0twUsXWBfF kgA5j4YQCbBdHC
3Ni1yO0MHryrF1OWK50yhis=
=SU69
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org