Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
"Wesley Stout"

Default Ardour recording

I will give that a try when i get home thanks again for all the info.
I have been researching this today while "working" should have just
brought the blasted laptop with me. I'm pretty sure the connection
should be good. I switched over to Vista and used Audacity to record a
little guitar track and it worked very well. I am guessing just need
to play with the input source until something works?

Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

Yes, thats about all. (I think) I recommend using qMix rather than the built in volume control (It should be installed by default). Somebody correct me if it isn't called qMix...

Didn't realize that it was a laptop... :-( Could change things slightly... (Built-in mic, bad soundcard...)

Hope it works, let us know!

wesleystout@gmail.com >

Old 11-21-2007, 05:52 PM
"Wesley Stout"

Thanks will let you know. How well does Linux work with say usb sound
cards made for recording. Pretty sure that will be the next step even
if i get the mic input to working. Will let you know tonight.

On Nov 21, 2007 12:48 PM, Christopher Stamper

Old 11-22-2007, 12:32 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"