Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
"gabriel moreira"

Default Rosegarden doesn´t run

Hi!
When I try to open rosegarden clicking on the icon nothing happens.
Using the terminal, it doesn´t run, and a message appears.

gabriel@gabriel-desktop:~$ rosegarden
trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied

trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-
gabriel-desktop: Permission denied

trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp: Permission denied

[...]

trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/socket-gabriel-desktop: Permission denied

trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/socket-gabriel-desktop: Permission denied
kdeinit: Aborting. No write access to '/home/gabriel/.ICEauthority'.
startkdeinitlock: ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP communication.

What can I do?

Thanks, Gabriel

Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

gabriel moreira a écrit :
> Hi!
> When I try to open rosegarden clicking on the icon nothing happens.
> Using the terminal, it doesn´t run, and a message appears.
>
> gabriel@gabriel-desktop:~$ rosegarden
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-
> gabriel-desktop: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create
> /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp:
> Permission denied
> startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create
> /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp:
> Permission denied
> startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create
> /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp:
> Permission denied
> startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create
> /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp:
> Permission denied
> startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create
> /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp:
> Permission denied
> startkdeinitlock: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create
> /home/gabriel/.kde/tmp-gabriel-desktop/startkdeinitlockXXXXXX.tmp:
> Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder /home/gabriel/.kde/share: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder
> /home/gabriel/.kde/socket-gabriel-desktop: Permission denied
> trying to create local folder
> /home/gabriel/.kde/socket-gabriel-desktop: Permission denied
> kdeinit: Aborting. No write access to '/home/gabriel/.ICEauthority'.
> startkdeinitlock: ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP
> communication.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks, Gabriel

Hi,

you haven't got enough right on .kde, an hidden folder into your
/home/gabriel.

open a terminal and type this command

sudo chmod 755 -R .kde/

the command is going to ask you the password to become root.

if it doesn't solve the trouble, try the same command with 775 or 777

Bye

Laurent

Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Gustin Johnson