Old 07-26-2008, 03:57 AM
pyx173

Default MIDI is now unfunctional in UbuntuStudio

The subject says it all. midi WAS working before. Now it has ceased to work. There are not even based troubleshooting steps in SIMPLE CLEAR LANGUAGE to find out and resolve the problem.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
"Steve Lindsay"

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:57 PM, pyx173 <pyx173@gmail.com> wrote:

> The subject says it all. midi WAS working before. Now it has ceased to work.
> There are not even based troubleshooting steps in SIMPLE CLEAR LANGUAGE to
> find out and resolve the problem.

This should be put up on a wiki somewhere as an example of how to send
an email that will guarantee that people on the list will be
sympathetic and try to help you out....

Steve

Old 07-26-2008, 11:08 AM

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:47:31 +1000
"Steve Lindsay" <stephen.a.lindsay@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:57 PM, pyx173 <pyx173@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The subject says it all. midi WAS working before. Now it has ceased
> > to work. There are not even based troubleshooting steps in SIMPLE
> > CLEAR LANGUAGE to find out and resolve the problem.
> >

> This should be put up on a wiki somewhere as an example of how to send
> an email that will guarantee that people on the list will be
> sympathetic and try to help you out....
>
> Steve

yep, and also:

> > I clicked on one and only one parameter in the gui for JACK control
> >settings and my entire system ceased working.
> >
> >It was so bad, I decided to completely re-install UbuntuStudio on my
> >AMD64 with a SB PCI 512 sound card.
> >
> >Rhythmbox radio works and Audacious alsa seems to work. Now jack
> >works
> >under alsa BUT, timidity from the command line and Hydrogen drum
> >machine have stopped working. These were my main working tools and
> >have
> >been for several years. This is really really bad.
> >
> >I note that help on the #UbuntuStudio channel seems non-existant.
> >
> >Any recommendations would be of enormous help.

especially people who at least tried to help in the
middle of the night will be very pleased to read something like this.

Philipp

Old 07-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 07-26-2008, 08:19 PM
"Rafael F. Compte"

2008/7/26 Gustin Johnson <gustin@echostar.ca>:

> pyx173 wrote:
>> The subject says it all. midi WAS working before. Now it has ceased
>> to work. There are not even based troubleshooting steps in SIMPLE
>> CLEAR LANGUAGE to find out and resolve the problem.
>>
> Hardy or Intrepid? Are there any specific errors (ie. something more
> specific than its not working)?
>
> Perhaps you could start here:

Ha, ha! I was about to recommend that.

@ pyx173

Saying "it stopped working" really doesn't help people help you!

--
Rafael F. Compte

Ciudad de Buenos Aires - Argentina
54 (15) 5870 3482 | 54 11 4706 1625