Old 07-26-2008, 03:38 AM
pyx173

Default A re-install and now Hydrogen and Timidity don't work

I clicked on one and only one parameter in the gui for JACK control settings and my entire system ceased working.

It was so bad, I decided to completely re-install UbuntuStudio on my AMD64 with a SB PCI 512 sound card.

Rhythmbox radio works and Audacious alsa seems to work. Now jack works under alsa BUT, timidity from the command line and Hydrogen drum machine have stopped working. These were my main working tools and have been for several years. This is really really bad.

I note that help on the #UbuntuStudio channel seems non-existant.

Any recommendations would be of enormous help.