Old 07-12-2008, 11:21 AM
"Michael Jeter"

Default Now Running totally Ubuntu

My pc gave up the ghost and I bought a Dell Vostro, scrapped Windoze
Vistrash, and I now am running Ubuntu Studio completely.

A few questions:

The Open Office Word processor does not have a spell - check
dictionary. Where can I get that?

The DVD/CD drive needs to be mounted. I do not know how. Can anyone
explain that?

I enjoy Pandora. It says that in order to run, it needs plugins.
When I click on that message, it send me to Adobe Flash, which I have
downloaded, but still nothing. What do I have to do to get the Adobe
-- and hopefully -- Pandora working?

Thank you,
Michael Jeter

Old 07-22-2008, 09:09 PM
"Andrew Oikle"

Look at installing some myspell packages.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Julandrew

Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 PM
"Rafael F. Compte"

It might be that the DVD is listed in the repo list. Go to System ->
Administration -> Synaptic. Then Configuration -> Repositories and
de-select the DVD from the repo list. This way you're forcing apt to
download everything from the web.
As for the flash. You might want to install the
ubuntu-restricted-extras from synaptic or the add/remove software
utility. That might help.

Regards

2008/7/22 Andrew Oikle <aoikle@gmail.com>:
> Look at installing some myspell packages.
>
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Michael Jeter
> <michael.damian.jeter@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My pc gave up the ghost and I bought a Dell Vostro, scrapped Windoze
>> Vistrash, and I now am running Ubuntu Studio completely.
>>
>> A few questions:
>>
>> The Open Office Word processor does not have a spell - check
>> dictionary. Where can I get that?
>>
>> The DVD/CD drive needs to be mounted. I do not know how. Can anyone
>> explain that?
>>
>> I enjoy Pandora. It says that in order to run, it needs plugins.
>> When I click on that message, it send me to Adobe Flash, which I have
>> downloaded, but still nothing. What do I have to do to get the Adobe
>> -- and hopefully -- Pandora working?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Michael Jeter
>>
>> --