Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

Default CD version

Hello Matthew!

I'm the co-lead of Ubuntu Studio.
Your story is definetly awesome. Makes me proud of what we have built.

I am trying to recollect personal stories of Ubuntu Studio users,
especially people like you who have used Ubuntu Studio for something
special and community benefitial.

Could you please put me up to date with the effect Ubuntu Studio has
had in your school. And can you please add some photos of you and your
students using it and showing the love

I am going to publish in the net a few personal stories with Ubuntu
Studio, and yours is perfect. I need it! Hopefully this will bring
some attention, make media in free software better, and then your
future students will be even more interested, and the circle will
continue.

Thanks!

Luis de Bethencourt

>>> www.tinysongs.com
>>> www.JandMJazz.com
>>>

>>> On May 22, 2007, at 8:19 PM, Cory K. wrote:
>>>

>>> Matthew Polashek wrote:
>>> Doh! OK.
>>>
>>> Is there a path from Ubuntu regular to Ubuntu studio or any alternate
>>> installation process to get to Ubuntustudio that does not involve a
>>> DVD drive?
>>>

>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/UpgradingFromFeisty
>>> On May 22, 2007, at 8:09 PM, Cory K. wrote:
>>>

>>> Matthew Polashek wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is there a non-DVD version of Ubuntustudio I can download somewhere?
>>>
>>> Matt
>>>

>>> No. We have no plans for one but never say never.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
>> luisbg
>> <bethencourt@gmail.com>
>> GPG: B0ED1326
>>
>> --

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg
<luisbg@ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326

Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Matthew Polashek

Hi!

Do you have a deadline?

Matt

Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

Hey!

Not really, just as soon as possible but no stress. I can wait it to
be good and with pictures

Thanks a lot,
Luis

Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Matthew Polashek

Hello-

Just a quick note - I haven't forgotten about you. School starts again
on 9/3 and I'll be sure to get lots of photos of students using Ubuntu
Studio and photo releases so you can use the shots. I can even get
shots of them in the ubuntu studio lab I set up at the school. I was
wondering if you could point me in the direction of someone who can help
me make my machine update from behind the NYC Department Of Education
firewall, or what I need to get my peeps to open up to make that work?
That's the big obstacle for me.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:06 AM, Matthew Polashek <matt@tinysongs.net> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> Just a quick note - I haven't forgotten about you. School starts again
> on 9/3 and I'll be sure to get lots of photos of students using Ubuntu
> Studio and photo releases so you can use the shots. I can even get
> shots of them in the ubuntu studio lab I set up at the school. I was
> wondering if you could point me in the direction of someone who can help
> me make my machine update from behind the NYC Department Of Education
> firewall, or what I need to get my peeps to open up to make that work?
> That's the big obstacle for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I guess the firewall is blocking the ports apt uses. Since all the
lines in the /etc/apt/sources.list of Ubuntu Studio are http, it will
only use that port (80). Can you browse the web in those machines?

Luis

Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Matthew Polashek

Hi Luis!

Yes, the web is fine, but we have to configure the browser to use a
proxy.pac file.

Thanks!
Matt

Old 08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Matthew Polashek <matt@tinysongs.net> wrote:
> Hi Luis!
>
> Yes, the web is fine, but we have to configure the browser to use a
> proxy.pac file.
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

So edit the proxy file to permit the usage of ubuntu repos. What apt
is doing after all is downloading the sources.list from a
http://archive.ubuntu.com file and then the package files also from
the same http server.

Waiting for your cool pics

Luis