Old 07-19-2008, 05:13 PM
"Paul DeShaw"

Default Use of Ubuntu Studio logo

Greetings,

If I want to make T-shirts or other items with the Ubuntu Studio logo, whose permission do I need?* I really like that logo, and would love to have it on a shirt.* I would rather just buy one, but I haven't found any, so I thought I might have to make my own.

I can think of several options to make shirts. There is a local arts
project (www.theveraproject.org) that teaches silkscreening, if I just
want to make a few by hand.* I also know of a local place that will
embroider shirts.* And there's always the likes of Cafe Press and
Zazzle (Zazzle does Ardour's shirts:
http://www.zazzle.com/dawhead/products).* That would be the easiest,
though I have read complaints about the quality of Cafe Press products.

If I do this, is anyone on the list interested in a shirt?* I really only want to offset my costs--but if there was a *lot* of interest, it could raise funds for the project.* Which brings up other questions:* Where does one send donations to the Ubuntu Studio project?* Do all funds have to pass through Canonical?* And who would keep track of donations?* I can barely handle my checking account, and fear the consequences of being entrusted to handle the accounting.

--Paul in Seattle

Old 07-19-2008, 05:26 PM
"Cory K."

Paul DeShaw wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> If I want to make T-shirts or other items with the Ubuntu Studio logo,
> whose permission do I need? I really like that logo, and would love
> to have it on a shirt. I would rather just buy one, but I haven't
> found any, so I thought I might have to make my own.

Sorry. You can *only* make them for personal use. Sale of any sort is
prohibited.

There are plans to get some stuff printed up in the next few months for UDS.

I do have 1 hoodie left from a limited run. I *had* intended to sell it
to someone else but lost the email address of the guy.

If you want it, $20+shipping.
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2307/hoddietshirtproposedee4af1.png

-Cory K.