Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 AM
"adam faranda"

Default Composition thread

I thought it might be neat to start a thread where people could post compositions they've made using studio; in .ogg or Mp3 format. I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate venue, or if posting ogg's would take up too much memory and clog up the list serv. I think it would be really cool though to hear what some other people are doing, As soon as I actually finish something, I'd get the ball rolling.

---- Adam

Old 12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Dec 5, 2007 12:02 PM, adam faranda <adam.faranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought it might be neat to start a thread where people could post
> compositions they've made using studio; in .ogg or Mp3 format. I wasn't sure
> if this was the appropriate venue, or if posting ogg's would take up too
> much memory and clog up the list serv. I think it would be really cool
> though to hear what some other people are doing, As soon as I actually
> finish something, I'd get the ball rolling.
> ---- Adam

This would be very nice, but insted of sending to the mailing list
which is not convenient at all. Can you please upload somewhere and
link? If you don't have a webhost or similar, use mediaupload or
rapidshare.

Waiting to see your compositions,
Luis de Bethencourt

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
luisbg
<luisbg@ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326

Old 12-05-2007, 12:20 PM
greg emond

> > I thought it might be neat to start a thread where people could post
> > compositions they've made using studio; in .ogg or Mp3 format. I wasn't sure
> > if this was the appropriate venue, or if posting ogg's would take up too
> > much memory and clog up the list serv.

> This would be very nice, but insted of sending to the mailing list
> which is not convenient at all. Can you please upload somewhere and
> link? If you don't have a webhost or similar, use mediaupload or
> rapidshare.

*

If the band Im recording allows me to, Ill do the same.* Ill probably post it on*myspace,

*and link it here....or somthing. For now, Maybe I can be the first to get my feet wet.*

*

* www.myspace.com/g4greg

*

the media player for myspace is really shitty, so the listener misses a lot on the sonic

goodies, but hey, its a start.

*

what a mess and scaring the neighbours are 100% ubuntu,* done with ardour and

hydrogen, then mangled in jamin...and sad about your life is really old, but was my

*first test with jamin.

*

oh, and beware, Im kinda heavy.....like dropped C heavy muahaha!

*

Livres, DVDs, gadgets, musique et bien plus. Magasinez en ligne dès aujourd'hui avec Sympatico / MSN Magasiner!

Old 12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
"Jonathan Leonard"

This was the first track I finished using Ubuntu Studio:

http://www.jonathanleonard.com/songs/2007/mp3/reapers_wish.mp3

Thanks,

jonathan adams leonard

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
"Edward Dunagin"

Hey Jonathan,

On Dec 5, 2007 9:56 AM, Jonathan Leonard
<jonathan.adams.leonard@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was the first track I finished using Ubuntu Studio:
>
> http://www.jonathanleonard.com/songs/2007/mp3/reapers_wish.mp3

It played fine on my box. It was especially good when my 'Cosmos'
Screensaver came on<g>.

Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan
4646 Glenwood Drive
Bozeman, MT 59718