Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Chris Lumens

Default Remove base InstallMethod class and harddrive.py and urlinstall.py files.

There's a series of six patches for removing all the InstallMethod code
from anaconda. Turns out, we don't need most of this stuff anymore
since it's implemented in yum. A lot of the work is in removing files
and reorganizing the media switching stuff to use the mediagrabber
callback in yum.

These patches may not be the easiest thing to read because it's all
pretty interdependent stuff and because this is the first time I've
tried to split a major patch up like this using git.

Thoughts?

- Chris

Old 12-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Chris Lumens

Durr, I forgot to mention a couple things in my haste to mail this off.
Physical media installs (burned CDs or DVDs) and hard drive image
installs still need to be tested. URL, NFS, and NFS ISO all work right
now. I figure that covers most of what we'll need for the near future
and physical media is just a special case of image installs anyway.
They most likely work.

There's probably at least one or two places where I've broken
assumptions about what should go in the yum backend vs. what should go
in the generic Backend class. That can be fixed up later as well.

With this done, I can start looking at interesting things like proxy
support, HTTPS, mirrors, and so forth.

- Chris